Gretchen K. Mitchell, M.D., FACOG – Atlanta, Georgia
Meet the Physicians
Active in her Profession
Dr. Mitchell has been in private practice in the Roswell/Cumming area since 1999. She joined Atlanta Urogynecology Associates in January 2003. Dr. Mitchell offers adolescent and adult gynecologic services, menopausal management, contraceptive management, management of abnormal pap smears, abnormal bleeding and premenstrual disorders, and perimenopausal disorders. She treats overactive bladder conditions and interstitial cystitis. Dr. Mitchell participated in a new non-surgical treatment for stress urinary incontinence “Renessa” www.novasysmedical.com. She is active in clinical research trials and is the medical director at our onsite Atlanta Medical Research Institute. Dr. Mitchell participates in surgery with Dr. Miklos & Dr. Moore.
Dr. Mitchell is a member of the Georgia Obstetrical and Gynecological Society, Atlanta Women’s Medical Alliance, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology , the American Medical Association, the International Association for Physicians in Aesthetic Medicine, the American Academy of Cosmetic Physicians, the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery, the International Medical Spa Association and the International Meso-Lipotherapy Society.
“Patients deserve individualized care and treatment because every woman is different. One of the most difficult things women go through is attempting to find a physician who will sit down and listen to them. I strive to fulfill this need. I can relate to my patients as a woman, a wife, and a working mother.”
A Solid Education
Board Certified: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Fellow: American College of Obstetrics & Gynecologists (FACOG),
- Bachelor of Science-Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- MD (Medical Doctorate)-Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia
- Internship: Obstetrics & Gynecology, Atlanta Medical Center (formerly Georgia Baptist Medical Center), Atlanta, Georgia
- Residency: Obstetrics & Gynecology, Atlanta Medical Center (formerly Georgia Baptist Medical Center), Atlanta, Georgia
- Chief Resident (Georgia Baptist Medical Center), Atlanta, Georgia